Control Your Claims Costs
At TransGlobal Adjusting Corp., claims management means exactly that — we manage each individual claim, from first notice of the incident through resolution. Only by maintaining this hands-on approach can we guarantee that claim dollars will be spent wisely, and in the best interests of our clients.
Our approach differs from other third party claims administrators as we have the skill and flexibility to tailor the claims adjustment process to suit the needs of each individual client. We do not adopt the “one size fits all” practice.
TGA’s goal is to target and deliver bottom line results for your organization through a claims management and control program. Our experienced claims management attorney provides both tactical guidance and strategic support to achieve client results. Our team of seasoned adjusting professionals will personally:
- Audit your past claims history and provide trending of claim type, location and/or severity.
- Review your current claim reporting procedures and recommend changes where improvement is needed.
- Establish a centralized reporting procedure facilitating timely evaluation of each incident report and promptly notifying your carrier (when applicable) and any potential third parties that may have a financial obligation.
- Adjust claims with thorough investigation, evaluation and negotiation.
- Recommend reserves in accordance with customized claim handling instructions.
- Provide detailed claim reports on a regular basis. Stay actively involved with third party claims involving contractors or tenants to determine liability and transfer responsibility whenever possible.
- Interface with client’s management team, legal department, or outside legal counsel.
- Recommend and submit settlement authority within the guidelines pre-established by client’s management team and TransGlobal Adjusting Corp.
TransGlobal Adjusting gives top priority to the transfer and subrogation possibilities of all claims. But when the need arises, our staff is most proficient at judicious claim denials, negotiations, and settlements.